L.E.S.S. SAAbout us
To offer lighting solutions
with unmatched brightness
Ingenuity, pragmatism and innovation have been part of L.E.S.S. DNA since its beginning in 2012. It all started with the ambitious idea to outperform the LEDs by photonics technologies through our unique nano-active optical fiber. Since then, L.E.S.S. has been regularly awarded and acknowledged – technologically and business-wise – as one of the top Swiss Startup.
Early on, we developed and constantly optimized inspection lighting products for our renown and prestigious customers in the watch industry that praise the time saving and ease of quality control offered by our products. Seeking new challenges, we actively convinced automotive OEMs to trust us in the development of thinner, brighter, low weight, yet environmental conscious, signal and contour lightings. The very first demonstration cars equipped with daytime running lights using our L.E.S.S. fibers were presented successively in 2017 at the Geneva Motor Show and at the IAA in Frankfurt in 2019. Since then, we have introduced automotive standards to the entire company and obtained IATF16949 certification in order to be able to deliver to our automotive customers in high volume.
L.E.S.S. is constantly growing and consolidating itself alongside its customers. It is – and has always been – crucial for us to remain faithful to our core values: a dynamic and engaged approach– not only to our partners but also to our employees and the environment – that aims to deliver high quality Swiss-made products.
Today, we are proud to say that L.E.S.S. is an established and international, high-tech, high growth industry that uses the versatility of its technology to design, develop and deliver brilliant lighting solutions and systems that reveal the quintessence of its customers products.
- L.E.S.S. continues its journey towards entering the automotive market by achieving the demanding ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 certifications.
- The red dot design award recognizes the PRISMA lamp as the best design of the year in its category. Whether aesthetic, functional, intelligent or innovative, the objects awarded by the red dot have in common an exceptional design quality.
- To accelerate the industrialization of our products in the automotive market, L.E.S.S. raised CHF 14 million from new private investors from the automotive industry, existing private investors, and the venture capital company VI partners.
- L.E.S.S. signs a multi-million-dollar contract with an internationally renowned technology group. This milestone in our business development confirms our rapid growth with innovative lighting solutions.
- L.E.S.S. wins the Industry/Production category award from the Swiss Economic Forum, founded to promote innovation and outstanding entrepreneurship in Switzerland. L.E.S.S. is proud to have won this award, “the highest award for a Swiss startup”.
- World premiere: Daytime Running Lights (DRL) made with active nano-fiber technology are displayed on a car at the Geneva International Motor Show. These are the longest and thinnest DRLs ever made.
- The company moved to new premises of more than 1500m2 in Renens to support its growth. L.E.S.S. expanded its team and consolidated its industrialization process in view of its entry into the automotive market.
- Founded in 2012, LESS was born from the ambitious idea of replacing LED technology by a revolutionary photonic technology.
“We use the versatility of our technology to design, develop and deliver brilliant lighting solutions and systems that reveal the quintessence of our customers products.”
Dr. Yann Tissot, CEO of L.E.S.S.